Friday image No.008

Wonderful morning light. Captured using an Olympus EM5 and Olympus 9-18mm lens (my favourite lens for landscape work).

Another image from my recent Yorkshire Dales trip. This was also taken on the first morning and is perhaps my favourite image from that day. I feel the quality of light is amazingly strong in this image. The light quality is often better in the morning than the evening as there is less dust in the atmosphere. This gives the light a sharp and clean feel. The heavy rain storms the night before also helped a lot. It’s this feeling of clean, sharp yet warm light that I find so captivating – the locations not bad either.

Have a great weekend.

11 thoughts on “Friday image No.008

maybrick2001 said:
    February 14, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Very pretty:)

The Dales are one of those destinations I have never got around to visiting, but I really want to go.

February 15, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Thanks. You really should get up to the Dales. Next time you take a trip to the Lakes take a detour over to the Dales. This locations only an hours drive from Ambleside. Well worth it.

dpawson said:
    February 15, 2014 at 8:25 am

Is that over the top of Malham Cove? You were bright and early to get up there for dawn! Great image though.

February 15, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Not Malham although I can see why you would think it mat be. I can’t reveal the exact location for reasons that I hope will become clear in a few weeks time. What I can tell you is that the mountain on the right in the distance is Ingleborough.

John. said:
    February 15, 2014 at 11:56 am

A very nice image and light, the Limestone Pavement I would love to see.
    John.

Lisa Gordon said:
    February 15, 2014 at 8:21 pm

This is magnificent.
    The light is just magical.

lauramacky said:
    February 16, 2014 at 4:58 am

Very nice light indeed!

February 16, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Thank you. I can’t take all the credit though. Some subtle post processing in Nik Color Efex also helped.

lauramacky said: