Just a Reminder

Posted on Updated on

Sunset view across Manchester. Canon G7X pocket camera.
Sunset view across Manchester. Canon G7X pocket camera.

I’m sure you don’t need to be reminded but it’s a good idea to carry a camera at all times. I have to admit though that I haven’t been doing this for quite a long time. Fortunately, I took the G7X along with me to a site where I was working and managed to capture this spectacular sunset through the window.

10 thoughts on “Just a Reminder

John Nicholson said:
    February 22, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Absolutely agree with your reminder, and I’m not a mobile phone shooter myself. So I like your Canon shot very much. My take-everywhere camera for when I don’t want to be burdened by a camera is the Leica C which again and again rewards by punching above its weight in terms of image quality. It also has a most useful setting “through window” – marvellous for shots from inside or from a tourist bus! (Apologies if this is unallowable advertising!)

thelightweightphotographer said:
      February 22, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I wasn’t aware of the “through window” option. That’s a great idea. I had to wrap a cloth around the lens here so I could press it up to the glass and avoid reflections.

Geoffrey Rees said:
    February 22, 2016 at 8:13 pm

It proves the saying ,your best camera is the one you are using. Some of my best shots have been on a pocket camera. I to will now remember to carry one.

thelightweightphotographer said:
      February 22, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I totally agree. But I still find myself being lazy and leaving the camera at home a lot.

Hafri said:
    February 22, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Wonderful, is it HDR

thelightweightphotographer said:
      February 22, 2016 at 9:34 pm

No, it’s a straight shot through a window. I didn’t even use any filters. It’s just shot in RAW format.

pjs28jack said:
    February 23, 2016 at 10:51 am

This photo is way out of focus in the area of the city.

thelightweightphotographer said:
      February 23, 2016 at 12:58 pm

It’s not really out of focus. The building windows are covered by solar film which blurs the image. On the larger version the image seems to glow as well as being soft. Call it artistic interpretation.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

pjs28jack said:
    February 23, 2016 at 10:53 am

Should have said it is out of focus in the email, but not here.