Friday image No.018

The Gherkin, London. Olympus EM5 with Panasonic 45-150mm lens.
The Gherkin, London. Olympus EM5 with Panasonic 45-150mm lens.

This is another of my images from last week’s London trip. For those of you not familiar with the skyline, the large domed building is the Gherkin. And the building in front of it covered in ducting and cranes is Lloyds of London which I’m sure must be pretty well known around the world (if you are into Insurance).

This image was captured on my Olympus EM5 with Panasonic 45-150mm lens (it’s a cracking lens and quite compact). I hope to start posting a few images from my GM1 next week – early indications are very impressive.

Have a great weekend everyone.

10 thoughts on “Friday image No.018

fineleaves said:
    May 2, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Really looking forward to the GM1 shots soon.

May 3, 2014 at 12:43 pm

They are coming soon. I’m really impressed with the quality of that little camera and also the 12-32mm lens that it came with.

pjs28jack said:
    May 2, 2014 at 8:59 pm

That is an amazingly sharp image. Very impressive result from that camera & lens.

May 3, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Whilst it is difficult to judge from such a small image, it is very sharp. The EM5 seems to be sharper than some of the older M43 cameras when using the same lenses but this 45-150mm lens is very good. It’s also compact and very good value.

pjs28jack said:
    May 2, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Was this taken using a tripod or hand held?

Stephen Almond said:
    May 2, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Superb photograph!
    Was this taken from ground level, or somewhere higher?

May 3, 2014 at 12:47 pm

It was shot from high up. The top of the London Monument to be precise. It’s £4 to go to the top and it you get an excellent 360 view of the city and river. But you need to be able to climb the internal spiral staircase which is quite tight.

John Driggers said:
    May 3, 2014 at 6:21 am

Nice photo–did you take a GX1 IR version too?

May 3, 2014 at 12:46 pm

No, I only shot it with the EM5. I also shot some from the same location with the LX7, but not this particular view as I needed a longer lens than the LX7 has.