Photoshop Layers Book Launched

Photoshop Layers: Professional Strength Image Editing
Photoshop Layers: Professional Strength Image Editing

Ever since I published my book “Essential Photoshop” I have received regular requests for a follow up book. The original book was designed to give the Photoshop beginner all the essential skills required to be able to enhance their photography. It’s been a great success and many people have given good reviews on Amazon. What people have been asking for is a follow up book providing guidance on using more advanced techniques. I’m now very happy to be able to announce the new book is ready.

This latest book is “Photoshop Layers: Professional strength image editing” and is designed to advance Photoshop skills to the next level.

The book is structured into three sections:

• Section 1 explains how to work with layers and how you can combine these into your Photoshop editing.
  • Section 2 looks at using masks to target specific areas of your images with adjustments. It covers how to create both simple and complex masks using fast, easy to apply techniques.
  • Section 3 examines blending modes for layers and how these can be used creatively in photography.

Accompanying the book is a collection of image files which support the many exercises and examples so that you can follow on your own computer.

The book is available on all Amazon sites and I believe this is the lowest priced, best value book of its kind.

View on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com or search for “Photoshop Layers Robin Whalley” in your countries Amazon site.

7 thoughts on “Photoshop Layers Book Launched

Lyn Newton said:
    September 28, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Hi Robin, is this book suitable for people using Elements or is the full CS version?

September 29, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Hi Lyn.
      No this is book is very much a full Photoshop book. There are some similarities with Elements but much less than you might think. I will look to produce an Elements version of this in the future.

janetwebster said:
    September 29, 2015 at 1:54 am

Thanks for the email about your new book. Just downloaded it in Vancouver airport as I wait for my plane to England. Took a quick peek and it looks very good. Looking forward to learning more,about layers and masks. Thanks, Janet

Sent from my iPad

September 29, 2015 at 7:07 pm

That’s great to hear. Many thanks Janet.
      Hope you have/had a great trip. I used to love Vancouver but haven’t been back for the past 20 years.

derekrutherford said:
    September 29, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I’m tempted to download both this and the original Photoshop Essentials book – I could do with some PS help. Two questions though, I only have an old version of Photoshop (CS2) and the original Kindle – so the images would only be in B&W. Is there much reference to colour work in these books?

derekrutherford said:
      September 29, 2015 at 5:09 pm

What the hell… both ordered! :-))

September 29, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Thanks for buying the books Derek.
        To answer your questions, these book will work with very early versions of Photoshop right back to version 6 (that’s pre the CS versions) and probably earlier.
        The images are in colour but if you find that a problem why not download the free Kindle Reader software from amazon and read them on your computer or phone.