It’s a little over a week since I experienced the catastrophic failure of the Lenscraft website. At the time I was feeling quite desperate and thought that I had lost everything. Since then I have been able to restore the site and many of the problems that plagued me have been reduced or corrected by the installs.
There are still a few people having difficulty logging in with the “cookies issue” but this has been reduced dramatically.
I have been able to get the site security confirmed by S2 and you will now see their banner at the bottom of each page.
I managed to identify many broken links that were leaving people wondering what had happened to some content. I’m now in the process of fixing these.
There are though still issues to fix. One of these is that a lot of the tutorials I had on the original site have been lost, or at least I thought they had. Today I managed to locate some old copies of PDF tutorials but on reading these I realised that much of the information is now outdated. I’m therefore making it my mission over the next 12 months to develop and publish many more tutorials.
As for the picture, this is a steel step I spotted whilst in France a few weeks back. It’s quite surprising how simple everyday subjects can make for interesting photography.