Friday Image No. 51

Ulswater, Cumbria. Olympus EM5 + 9-18 Olympus lens. f/9.0, 1.3" at ISO200.
Ulswater, Cumbria. Olympus EM5 + 9-18 Olympus lens. f/9.0, 1.3″ at ISO200.

I don’t mind admitting that I struggled to find a Friday image to post today. In the end I had to go back to the end of December when I visited the Lakes. The weather seems to have been terrible of late and it’s getting pretty depressing. It’s made all the worse knowing that I have a newly Infrared converted EM5 and also 12 new rolls of Infrared film for the XPan. I need some sun.

Anyway, I hope you like the image and have a great weekend.

12 thoughts on “Friday Image No. 51

Katherine Babbitt said:
    April 3, 2015 at 5:40 pm

I wish I could send you some sunshine from sunny Florida!😄. I hope you have a nice weekend too.

John Arthur said:
    April 3, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Very nice, also very sharp. I am considering this lens and was curious about its colour fringing and also as to its ruggedness when extended for supporting a lee filter system. I currently have the 100mm setup as a hangover from my D700 but am considering the seven5 system if I can get a good price for the current kit.

April 3, 2015 at 5:47 pm

I like this lens a lot. I haven’t noticed a particular problem with colour fringing. It’s very sharp and enjoyable to use. You should be able to work using the 100mm filters (it’s a 52mm screw thread) but the Seven 5 is perfect for it and is what I use. The lens doesn’t feel as weighty as the Panasonic 7-14 but I have both and for Landscapes I always turn to the Olympus 9-18. A really nice feature is that it collapses down to a very small unit. The only downside in my mind is that it’s a little costly but still a great lens.

Ed Pavelin said:
        April 5, 2015 at 9:34 am

Hi Robin. How do you feel the 9-18 and the 7-14 compare in terms of sharpness, especially in the corners?

April 5, 2015 at 5:34 pm

The 7-14 is sharper but the 9-18 performs very well. It only tends to drop off on corner sharpness when at the 9mm end. As much as I like the 7-14 I find the 9-18 a nicer lens to work with.

John Nicholson said:
    April 3, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Would love to have seen the same scene also done on your RX10 for interest!

April 3, 2015 at 7:07 pm

In all honesty, if I had it with me I would probably not have used it. The location was very cramped and the RX10 only has a 24mm lens. I this is shot at 18mm. What I suspect if I had been able to use it is that the blues in the scene would have been amazing. Sony really seem to understand colour.

melanieylang said:
    April 5, 2015 at 1:04 am

The colours in this shot are a peaceful delight – appropriate for Easter, perhaps?

scott said:
    April 6, 2015 at 2:20 am

Beautiful photos. Have an LX7, and love he form factor. Have you tried the LX100 yet?

April 6, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Thank you. No I haven’t tried the LX100 yet. To be honest I find the limited zoom range a little off putting.