Friday image No.040

Posted on Updated on

La Pas, Bolivia
La Pas, Bolivia

This is a very quick one. It’s a view over the city of La Pas in Bolivia. Click the image to zoom in and it’s truly an amazing sight.

Have a great weekend everyone.

10 thoughts on “Friday image No.040

Mike Shore said:
    November 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Robin, Another inspirational image which offers so many LEARNING opportunities for the likes of me. I was relieved to discover that it appears to have been taken with your EM-5, possibly with the 12-40 at full stretch, but the things that I want to know about are what you did in Photoshop. For example, altho’ I zoomed the clouds almost to pixel level, the lack of noise was amazing. This image is worthy of a LensCraft tutorial.

November 24, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Hi Mike, yes it will become a lenscraft tutorial. Yes it was taken with the EM5 and the 12-40 lens. The reason you can’t see any noise is due to a few things. Firstly I exposed the image to the right even with a ND Grad in place. Secondly I have avoided adding any structure to the sky. Thirdly the image has been downsampled which tends to hide noise and artefacts. Fourth – well you will need to wait for the tutorial which will be out soon.

Jacques Cornell said:
    November 22, 2014 at 6:36 am

Excellent! This needs to be a big print. Stitched?

November 22, 2014 at 8:41 am

Funny you say that but I do also have a series of shots with that in mind. I may well do a tutorial as someone else suggested. Thanks Robin

Roger said:
    November 22, 2014 at 6:46 am

Infrared?

November 24, 2014 at 8:20 pm

No, not infrared. I didn’t take the infrared as I was going u to 6,000m and didn’t want the additional weight. The EM5 plus lenses was heavy enough. The effect you see here is all done in Nik Silver Efex. The yellow filter and negative Soft Contrast have a lot to do with it. Tutorial coming soon.

Pat Griffin said:
    November 22, 2014 at 10:05 am

Mon Dieu, it is quite fantastic.

John. said:
    November 24, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Another inspiring image Robin so in focus from front to back, I agree it would make a good tutorial as to how you took and processed the image.

John.

November 24, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Thank you. I will work it up into a tutorial given the comments on the blog and the emails I have received. It may take me a few days though. I think it might also hold some surprises for people given the comments.