A significant, but often overlooked element of how we impress others with our photography is image sharpness. It used to be that your images just needed to be in focus, but this is no longer sufficient in today’s digital world. Your images need to be razor sharp and packed with detail, whether displayed on the screen or in print. Without the correct level of sharpness your work will just fail to impress and blend into a sea of mediocre photography.
Effective and correct sharpening will reveal the true beauty of your images. Fine detail will become evident, giving your photographs depth and realism. You can even use sharpness (and blurring) as a tool to control how your people examine and perceive your images. By sharpening your images properly you can add an extra dimension of interest for those viewing your photography.
But how do you go about correctly sharpening your images without adding too much? This book provides answers using Nik’s superb Sharpener Pro tools. Here you will learn:
- A comprehensive, industrial strength sharpening workflow to achieve super sharp images with minimal problems. Learn how this is applied through the Nik tools.
- Understand the difference between the RAW Pre-sharpener and Output Sharpener tools. Which one do you use under what circumstances? This will help you avoid confusion and possibly introducing problems through incorrect sharpening.
- Control how your audience view your photographs using the selective blurring and sharpening techniques. Using these techniques you subconsciously control the viewers perception of your work.
- Avoid under or over-sharpening your work by learning how to apply the correct level of sharpening for output to print or display.
- Learn to use all the elements of the Sharpener Pro interface to make your adjustments easier and quicker.
- Understand common sharpening problems and how to avoid them.
And there is more, all backed up by two full comprehensive case studies for which you can download hi resolution images in order to follow along.
This is a comprehensive 25,000 word guide supported by 128 illustrations. It is designed to help the beginner and intermediate level user of Nik Sharpener Pro gain maximum benefit from this tool. Use it to bring out the detail and beauty hidden in your images.
And don’t worry if you don’t have a Kindle device, Amazon provide free software that allows you to read Kindle books on all major platforms including PC, Mac, iPad, Android etc. If you would like to try this out please use the link below.